I love how people use the twitter start / favourite functionality in completely different ways. Uses I’ve collected:
- An effective read later / look at later functionality
- A way to show someone you ‘liked’ their tweet
- A way to show someone you read their tweet
- A way to show you agree with something they think
- A way to try and nudge someone into following you back
- Randomly and occasionally, just because it’s there
I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone actually using it to collect their favourite tweets.
It’s as if Twitter added the functionality with no clear idea of why people might use it. Then they left it in, even when no one agreed what it was for. A kind of UI desire path.
How do you use yours?